Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Christmas Card Stash Is Low! Blog Hop -

Hello Friends -
I hope you have had a great week!

Welcome if you have not stopped by the Tool Shed before!  Please become a follower and let me know you were here.

I love a blog hop and this one is getting me ahead of the game and goes along with a challenge blog that I have been watching . . . Festive Friday.

I used their Theme Challenge - Rustic Country Theme to create my card.

Editors Note:  Okay so I have issues.  I was not in love with how the birdhouse in the original photo was just sitting on nothing.  I did not have time to change card, re-photograph and edit the new photo before well, now.  I added a bit of scalloped snowflake paper and moved the cardstock sticker.  Yes, I changed the bow too . . . because I hardly ever make a plain bow and I do not know why I did that.  I usually make loops and tie in the middle.  Now I feel better and thank you for letting me share all of that!  LOL!

Oh and I see in the comments - How did I do the glitter on the roof?  I used a glue pen and made it wavy, added the glitter, let it dry and free-hand cut it out wavy.

This is a 5.5" x 4.25" card.

Plank Background Stamp * - Iron Gate Stamps {my stamp company}
Birdhouse Stamp {Birdhouse Stamp Set} * - Iron Gate Stamps
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper and Cardstock Sticker - Jillibean Soup
Branch Die - Sizzix through the Big Shot
Snowflake Border Punch and Coarse Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts
Ink - StazOn {Timber Brown}
Hemp Cord * - Hemptique
My Stash - Watercolor Paper, Watercolor Crayons, AquaPainter, Red Burlap Ribbon, Lots of Glue Dots, Glue Pen, Scallop Punch
 

This is a 5.5" x 4.25" card.
 
* - Available at my on-line store here


There are 2 blog candies for this hop {awesome!!}.

  1. There will be a stash prize given out randomly to 1 comment from all the blogs. So the more blogs you comment on, the better chance you have of winning!! You will have until Tuesday the 26th at 11:59pm CST to comment. Sarah will announce the winner on Wednesday morning on her blog - Sarah - http://www.itswhatkeepsmesane.blogspot.com


2. The second prize will have a little more work . . .
1st you will need to comment on every blog in the hop.

2nd you will need to create a holiday card/gift tag/general gift giving item and enter it at the inlinkz on Sarah's blog http://www.itswhatkeepsmesane.blogspot.com

You have a week to enter and you can enter up to 3 projects. The prize for this challenge is:



 
Good Luck!!
 
Your next stop is Anita - http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca


Here is the whole Blog Hop:

Mary - http://irongatestamps.blogspot.com/  {you are here}


Thank you for hopping by and have a Happy Day!
Mary -


16 comments:

  1. I love the "snow" on the top of the house! How did you do that? Just fabulous! TFS:-)

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo.. as a snowflake fiend, I am in LOVE with that border! Thank you so much for playing with us at Festive Friday - I do hope we see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I am now following your blog also!!
    Your fellow hopper Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card,Very pretty,Love your birdhouse and the glitter on top,I'm a new follower by e-mail,come by and visit,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, that is a darling card. I love that birdhouse! Glad to be on the hop with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome creation,just love the texture and colors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card!!! Love the snow on the roof!

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think you card came out great. Love the snow on roof and the ribbon & twin. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the birdhouse and your leaves. This is a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I'm a new follower and now I will head over to check out your shop. Thanks for sharing your card... I love the bow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a birdhouse person, but I love it on your card. Reminds me of my playhouse growing up!

    VinDeeLoo
    vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and love the birdhouse! Think you hit the rustic and country theme right on! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the birdhouse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary this is so pretty! I'm going to have to check out your stamps soon, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome rearranging!!!;) The birdhouse, greenery and snowflakes give this a great cozy, country feel!!! So glad you shared it with us at Festive Friday! Hope to see you Friday for a brand new challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the snowflake border and great job on all the textures.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts . . .